- posted by Jennifer
- Sometimes it's difficult taking selfies with your pets, but with one simple tool like the selfie stick, you can get various cool looking images. From cats on your lap, to puppies running around, these photos can be the most precious ones.
Check out some angles using the selfie stick with your phone below!
- Getting these types of overhead shots are rare. The selfie stick allows more flexibility in which you can extend and quickly snap! At first, your pet may think it's a new toy as well, and it certainly gets their attention.
- You could be standing in front of your dog and have the selfie stick upside down to get this angle. It's for those closeup shots you can treasure forever.
- This is a great one where you hold the selfie stick farther out and be "in" the photo still. Usually from this angle, you would have to have someone else take the picture. It can be a nice canvas for your home as well!
- How cool is this shot taken with an iPhone 5s on the selfie stick. You can lower the stick all the way down on the grass as your phone stays mounted, and click away.
- There are many ways to manipulate this tool to get the desired photo you want. If you haven't tried out the selfie stick yet with your pets, you should! Get great photos and make a collection of memories.
If you would like to read more about The Memory Journalists selfie stick, check out our product details!
- posted by Jennifer
- Roll your eyes...
That's what I used to do when I saw other people using a selfie stick. It looks ridiculous right? Not until you actually try it and experience it on your own, don't be so quick to knock it out just yet. Millions of people travel everyday, and I'm sure many of you have been asked to be a "photographer" at some point, and have also asked strangers and passers to take your photo, too.
With the vast popularity of selfie sticks, you don't have to worry about that anymore. It comes with great pros and you can travel freely without bothering anyone to take your photo. And being a photographer, sometimes you don't want to lug around your big camera and 5 extra lenses. If you prefer less baggage and versatility when capturing photos, all you need is a selfie stick, and your smart phone.
See how people have used the selfie stick while traveling.
- Isn't this a cool group shot? Getting ready to sail off somewhere, and you're able to snap a quick one with the selfie stick. It would be much more complex trying to use your arms, and the photo wouldn't look as wide with a nice background. You can also attach the "fish-eye lense" gadget to get these type of shots.
- Traveling SOLO allows you to express freely, and what better way to document it than on the beach, or anywhere for that matter. It's not about being narcissistic, but making this a moment you will remember. You get to enjoy it, and look back on where you've gone, and what you've seen. Not a lot of people get to do this.
- Backpacking and strolling new city streets with some friends is an unforgettable experience, too. You can't ask a stranger to take photos for you all day long, so, take it into your own hands with the selfie stick. Plus, you can capture restaurant and food, or architectural buildings in many ways. Wherever there is a good scene, it's only a click away.
- It's time to utilize this cool travel tool to make your experiences so much more special. Don't mind the uncanny looks or laughs from people-they don't know what they're missing!
- If you would like to read more about The Memory Journalists selfie stick, check out our product details and buy now!
- posted by Mai
- "Why not choose a destination wedding?" should be the question. Destination weddings are becoming so popular that planning one is almost a no-brainer. You get a picture-book wedding setting and a vacation to boot- and your guests will love it!
Below are the top five reasons that you should consider planning a get-away wedding.
- 1. You get to leave all your "cares" at home and leave the details to others.
Whether you choose an island wedding, European sojourn, "rough it in the wild" safari in Africa or a dream cruise on a luxury ship, you'll find staff ready and waiting to cater to your every want and need.
What better way to begin your new life than on a relaxed note? Your work or anything that might cause stress will be out of sight and out of mind with a destination wedding.
2. A destination wedding will give you more for your money.
You might think that traveling to an exotic location to get married would break the budget you painstakingly created for your wedding. Contrary to that belief, a destination wedding can actually be less of a strain on your pocketbook.
Packages are readily available that come with everything included- air fare, transportation needs, discounts for larger parties, etc. Consider that in many locations, everything you need (such as flowers and music) is localized to make your destination wedding simple.
3. You'll get to choose the background and activities that appeal to you, as a couple.
The picture-book setting of a Hawaiian beach is the perfect background for your destination wedding if you're dreaming of getting married barefoot on the beach with orchids in your hair. The photos will be stunning.
But if the beach isn't your bag, a European wedding in a castle can fulfill daydreams of Romeo and Juliett or King Arthur and his love, Gwenaviere.
4. You get to choose the weather for your special day!
It's true that most couples think of warm weather for saying their faraway vows with a destination wedding. But you might have other ideas, like snow and skiing. By doing a little research, you can make your dream weather come true.
5. Thinking of a theme? A destination wedding can be a change from the traditional wedding ritual.
Many couples are considering a theme wedding rather than the tired old rituals held in a church. An island destination wedding will go over much better in Jamaica or Hawaii than Portland, Maine.
Are you dreaming of a winter wonderland theme and you live in Florida? Switzerland or Norway can fill the bill in a way that will get you in the mood more than 90-degree weather could.
Posted by Mai on July 20
Photographed by Mai
- posted by Mai
- For the love of photography and over 11 years in business, The Memory Journalists are extremely excited to launch our first product - The MJ Selfie Pro - the best selfie stick on the market!
You may have a love and hate relationship for selfie sticks, or even selfies for that matter, but we've rounded up and tested over 30 different kinds of selfie sticks, and believe us, this is the best model out there.
- Whether it's for your kids, traveling, pets, or simply for yourself, we love this product for its ease, and flexibility when capturing memories. We all know the selfie craze is here to stay for a while, so join in the fun. Take a selfie! The Memory Journalists want to help you save your memories at more than just birthdays and weddings.
To prove that it's not just another narcissistic tool, here's what our customers are raving about:
"This is the best selfie stick I've ever used. Feels solid and made of hi-quality,durable materials" - Richard A.
"This is by far the smallest selfie stick I've used so far. I often go to events and I can fit this selfie stick in my purse." - Heather J.
"While traveling to great places, I've always had to ask strangers to take my photo. Not any more! This is the best tool to carry now everywhere I travel." -Kelly H.
We'd love your support in any way! Read more about The Memory Journalists Selfie Stick and buy yours today!
- posted by Mai
- How do you agree on a honeymoon if you want different things? You want to snorkel and jet ski and he wants to camp out. Let's face it, today's bride isn't shy about making it all about her on the wedding day, but when it comes to the honeymoon, does your man have any input, or are you dictating whether you swim in the big blue ocean or hike to the top of Mount Everest?
- A honeymoon is often the only vacation many couples take together because once kids are in the picture, it's difficult for some couples to find time for a romantic rendezvous. Or, if you're a couple always on the go, you may find it difficult to find a honeymoon destination that's unique and special.
Many couples find they're polar opposites when it comes to what they want out of their honeymoon vacation. Some guys want hiking and lots of sun and sports while their brides just want to relax and soak up the sun, or vice versa!
Believe it or not, there are ways to make sure both of you get what you want out of your honeymoon, but you have to be willing to compromise a bit. For instance, if the two of you go on a cruise, you will probably be docking at various ports. During the time you're docked, you and your new husband can participate in the activities offered by the locals, such as hiking tours or extreme sports. While the ship is at sea, he can agree to lounge by the pool with you or enjoy the fine dining that makes your honeymoon romantic.
Even if you're honeymooning in the snow-frosted mountains, it's possible for one of you to participate in the activities while the other relaxes. Or, take turns doing what the other person wants.
Marriage is all about compromise. The world is too big for any couple to disagree about where to honeymoon. Out of all of the exotic and affordable places on earth, you're bound to find at least one spot that offers something both of you want to experience. If you can't figure it out yourself, find a travel agent who isn't pushy and who will listen to each of your needs and then create the perfect honeymoon package that excites both of you.