- posted by Jennifer
- Last weekend, Cory and I photographed Natalie and Ryan's maternity session. We photographed their wedding just a few years ago at the Old Sugar Mill. Natalie is about 36 weeks along now.
- This is one of my favorite series.
- We couldn't leave Gunner out of the photos.
- Natalie brought this sign from their home to use as a prop.
- We did photos at sunrise. And the sun was AMAZING!
- Gunner was a bit excited. :-)
- We took this photo with the idea that we'd try to do this same photo through the years as their little girl grows.
- posted by Natalie
- I have been friends with Kristy and Adam since our college days at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. We were all Civil Engineering majors and had many classes together. Kristy and I were also roommates during college! They were married in June of 2009 and just welcomed their first son in August. Kristy and Adam decided on the Pottery Barn Kids Row Your Boats theme for the nursery and that quickly became the theme of her baby showers as well!
In June, Kristy's mom and sister hosted a baby shower at Catte Verdera Country Club in Lincoln, California. There were so many wonderful details, I couldn't help but snap a few photos!
These were the amazing centerpieces! I loved that they incorporated the boats, animals, sand, and shells into the decor.
- Guests were invited to write Kristy, the mom-to-be, a note with advice. Don't you love the message in a bottle idea!
- And what is a baby shower without a few stuffed animals! These guys added some smiles to the room as they watched over the festivities from the fireplace mantel. And check out that diaper cake!
- Kristy's aunt made these tableclothes to match the nursery decor!
- The yummy chocolate cake!
- Not only did Kristy receive some awesome gifts, she also got a lot of advice from the moms in the room! It's amazing how much a little baby needs!
- After the festivities, I snapped a few group shots! The top photo is Kristy with her sister, grandma, mom, and aunt. The bottom photo is Kristy with her mother-in-law, sisters-in-law, sister, and mom.
- Then I headed outside to snap a few more photos. Top left - Kristy, me, and our college roommate, Stephanie. Top right - Kristy, me, and our friend, Amy. Bottom left - Kristy and her sister, Sandy. Bottom right - Kristy and her friend, Jen. Don't you just love Kristy's dress!
- It was a great baby shower with an awesome group of women celebrating Kristy and Adam's soon-to-be baby!
- posted by Natalie
- This is a very exciting post for me to write! For those of you that do not know me, I'm Natalie! Jen & Teresa photographed my wedding in October 2010 and earlier this year, I started working for The Memory Journalists (I also happen to be Jen's favorite cousin!). And I just started a new weekly column on the blog Budget Saving Tips for your wedding.
A month or so ago, Ryan and I shared some exciting news while at dinner with Jen and Cory...we are expecting a baby! This will be our first baby and we could not be more thrilled! At the time we were only telling a few family members, but we were brainstorming ideas for how to tell the rest of our family. Ryan and I both have large extended families, so we thought a fun announcement that we could mail to everyone was a great option!
So a few weeks ago, we had a quick bite to eat at Jen and Cory's house, and headed off to take some pictures! We recreated some great ideas that I found on Pinterest and, of course, Jen and Cory had some awesome ideas as well!
I found a few photos on Pinterest using a Bump Ahead construction sign and loved the idea! We could not find a Bump Ahead sign in a scenic area, so Ryan ended up ordering one online for us to use! Can you see the little baby bump?
- This ultrasound was taken at our 12-week appointment. We had a few ultrasounds during the first trimester and it was amazing to see how much our baby would grow from week to week! But at this appointment, we were able to see our baby moving around for the first time! It was incredible to see our baby move his/her arms and legs. I, of course, cried (just like I have at every appointment when I hear our baby's heartbeat or see him/her on the ultrasound).
- The day we took these photos, I was 14 weeks along and the pregnancy books said the baby was the size of a lemon (about 3.5 inches).
- And here is another one of my favorites! It's funny that now that I'm pregnant, I look in the mirror everyday to see how much my belly has grown and cannot wait until it's bigger and a more obvious baby bump!
- posted by Jennifer
- A week ago I met up with Darleen and David for some maternity photos. For those of you who remember, we photographed Darleen and David's wedding back in 2010.
We started in the baby's room.
- They have gone with a Lion's King theme in the room. SO CUTE!!!
- They are having a boy...and his name is going to be Dominic. They already have a piggy bank ready to go for him and Darleen added the "french" look.
- David bought this shirt for Dominic already. Darleen and David love sushi.
And they already have a bunch of baby hats ready to go for a newborn session.
- Notice anything a bit different in this photo? David has supplied some of his favorite toys for Dominic.
- One of the things I love most about Darleen is how beautiful she is....her eyes are fascinating.
- The blinds were causing criss-cross streaks across the bed and I loved it!
- David and Darleen's relationship is built on a lot of laughter. And they didn't let me down the day I visited. David is a super funny guy.
- After spending some time indoors, we went outside to take a few maternity photos.
- I think this is my favorite of the day.
- Darleen had a chalk board ready when I arrived and we made good use of it.
- The real reason for the outdoor portion of our shoot was to make sure and bring the rest of the family. BACON is the old guy on the left, he's a Brindle Pitbull mix. David got him at the SPCA in September 2002. PRADA (far right) is the one with patches on her tongue; she's a Brindle Pitbull terrier mix. David also got her at the SPCA in July 2003 because Bacon was lonely and needed a friend. TWIX (in the middle) is a Basenji Pitbull mix. They got her in September 2010 from a friend that saved her from the American River. They got her when she's about 2 weeks old.
- They wanted to be sure and have a whole family photo and somehow we managed to get everyone looking all at the same time! What a wonderful day.
- posted by Jennifer
- Our book club last month hosted a surprise baby shower for Kirsten. The theme? Books of course! Every girl in book club brought one of their favorite childhood books to give her.
- Natalie coordinated getting a Banner made out of authentic old fashioned library check-out cards. Studio 1621 (who Natalie used to make the banner for my birthday last year) made this fabulous banner.
- All the desserts, candy, and food was based on a book. One of my all time favs....swedish fish for Dr. Seuss's One Fish, Two Fish, Three, Four, Five Fish.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar with the healthy veggie options.
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
- Another Dr. Seuss fav....Do You Like Green Eggs and Ham? Even better when the eggs are really green!
- Carla's Sandwich and The Little Red Hen (makes a pizza).
- We had everything out before Kirsten arrived.
- Desserts, provided by Sweet Cakes by Rebecca of chocolate mini cupcakes and my favorite red velvet cake pops. Matching book of If you Give a Cat a Cupcake. (the cake pops were just because!)
- Even Kirsten's mom and dad got in on the surprise. Kirsten's mom and I had secretly planned since her first shower about her making cookies. If you Give a Mouse a Cookie was the inspiration and Kirsten's dad MADE the cookie cut-out and they decorated the sugar cookies to match perfectly! The oatmeal chocolate cookies were a HUGE hit too!
- After we discussed our book of the month, we had a few other surprises for Kirsten to open.
- Of course the monkey came from me. Curious George series along with the stuffed animal.
- And since this is the first time ever that our entire book club was in attendance, we had to take a group photo of all 11 girls. Though I'm not sure how we ever made the pregnant lady be the one to kneel on the ground?! :-)