- posted by Carie
- I had to share this darling pet photo I took last week. My hubby's entire family is just as crazy about their dogs as we are! Matt's Mom and Dad were over on Friday and when they were getting ready to leave on their motorcycle I was a little perplexed as they had their mini Dachshund with them. I was wondering how the heck they were going to take her on the bike. Well, come to find out, Mitzy rides in a little backpack on Mom's chest and the dinky doggy LOVES it! She got all excited when she saw Mom pull out the pack. It was just too cute not to snap a photo of and not to share. So here you go....Mitzy rides!
- posted by Carie
- This is a happy story but it starts with a sad story. Sorry! Several weeks ago we lost our beloved Boxer, Tiberius, very suddenly. Thankfully, he died at home without suffering and literally in our arms. I just don't want to elaborate more on that part of the story as I have been crying for weeks and trying desperately to heal. (Just think good thoughts for us, no words are necessary.) This is where the happier story comes in....
I recently applied with NorCal Boxer Rescue to adopt another Boxer. I hate being dogless. I have a lot of love to give and it's just way too quiet around here without a bouncing Boxer around. At the time I applied I stated that I would be interested in learning more about fostering Boxers as well. I have a friend who fosters and he's been trying to get me to do it for a long time. I got a call the next day from my contact at NorCal Boxer Rescue about a little girl Boxer who had nowhere to go. Do you think I hesitated? Well, I didn't! Norcal Boxer Rescue relies on Foster Homes for the Boxers they save. They do not have a large enough facility to house all the Boxers they rescue so pre-qualitfied people all over California open their homes to Boxers in need and foster these angels until they are well enough to be adopted out and NorCal Boxer Rescue has found an appropriate home for that Boxer. I can't tell you how excited and proud Matt and I are to be a part of this process!
Without further adieu, meet Ani or Stanislaus Ani or Ani Banani as we have started calling her.
- The tongue just won't stay in sometimes! I know she is thin, you should have seen her a few days ago! She is eating 5 times a day and has already gained some meat on her tiny bones. This little gal has been through a lot and she is still so loving and sweet. Dogs are amazing creatures! Is she cute or what?!!
- NorCal Boxer Rescue is an AMAZING organization! It was founded in 1998 and within the first year of operation had rescued and re-homed 268 Boxers! Their mission is to "Leave No Boxer Behind." At a minimum, they provide animals with veterinary care, spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, a microchip, a temporary foster home at a private residence, lots of love and placement into a carefully screened forever home. NCBR has no paid employees and allocates nearly 100% of adoption fees and donations directly toward the care of their Boxers.
I am so impressed with every person I have dealt with there. They are super picky about who they let adopt or foster dogs. I am not worried at all about giving Ani up when she's ready to go because I know with all confidence that whoever gets her will have gone through the necessary scrutiny to ensure they are an appropriate Boxer owner. My husband and I find it so rewarding to help out with Ani. We plan to continue fostering even after we adopt our own Boxer. We think Ty would be proud of us and happy that we're helping to save Boxers.
For more information about NorCal Boxer Rescue, please visit:
- I had to post the below photo of Ty. I call it "Ty Flying." Jen is having a canvas made for me of this photo. This is one week before he passed. He truly was happy his entire 4.5 years with me and I was completely over the moon with him. Those of you who met him, know how wonderful he was. Best dog EVER! Tiberius Fisher, you changed me for the better. You will always be my first and favorite Boxer! You will live in our hearts forever!
- posted by Carie
- As most of you know, my husband and I each have a dog and they are both VERY spoiled. Matt's mom lives on our same street and she walks every morning so on her way out, she opens our door and Sarge joins her. This has been the case for the last 6 years that we have all lived on the same street. Matt goes to work very early so this is super convenient for him to not have to walk Sarge. We are huge proponents of dog walks and think it is a must for happy, healthy dogs. Momma 2 (that's what I call her) walks anyway so why not take Sargey, right? Well, recently she has been helping me out with Ty as well a couple of days a week. She walks Sargey and Ty (along with her mini daschound) on Wednesdays and Fridays. Lucky me and lucky Ty!
This morning I had to snap a couple of photos of the boys "waiting for Gramma." At night, I put a pillow on the back of the couch to keep Sarge off it. He is tearing it up with his weight on there every single morning while he stares out the window, waiting for the angel of his morning walk. Well, the pillow clearly isn't working because when I walked out this morning, he was laying his head and front paws on it looking very morose and impatient. Can you say "Brat?!"
- I got Ty all ready in his collar and fleece-lined coat and he decided to wait for Gramma on a throw pillow. Who do these dogs think they are? It cracks me up that Ty thinks the pillows on the couch are little dog beds. Of course I never make him get off and just happily vacuum the dog hair off several times a week. So spoiled, and oh so cute!
- posted by Jennifer
- Lili and Indiana (or Indy) are best friends. It was the cutest thing ever to see a dog and cat play together, sleep together and just be together.
- Every time we turned around the two of them weren't far away from each other.
- See what I mean?! Seriously, they are the best of friends and even share toys (see the red monkey below). They would play tug of war together with it!
- posted by Jennifer
- When we visited Rhonda and Jack we got to meet and play with Lili - the cutest kitty ever! She's about 4 months old and is so friendly and loving. There is always a brown bag on the floor since it's her favorite play toy.
- This is Lili taking a nap on Cory's legs.
- And another nap under the Christmas tree. I swear this little kitty would play hard, nap hard for maybe 10 minutes and was playing hard again!