- posted by Jennifer
- I love fitness, nutrition, and wellness. I believe your inner happiness can sculpt anything and everything around you. Beauty and happiness truly comes from within!
I ran my first marathon in 2007 and am looking forward to another one, but not anytime soon. Now I just enjoy my weekly runs with Carie!
I am a horrible speller and still don't get the whole "ie" before something and "ei" at the end of something else. I'm a huge math and science nerd!
I never sleep with socks on unless I am absolutely freezing. My great uncle had his toes amputated when my cousins and I were younger. He told us it was because he slept with his socks on as a child and it cut off his circulation. Ten years later we realized it was because he was a diabetic. Till this day every cousin of mine sleeps bare foot including myself.
I'm a gemini and have the typical gemini dual personality going for me. Most of the time I am very laid back, but am definitely one of the most sarcastic people you will meet. I don't like to hold back too much.
I don't get embarrassed that often. I figure whatever happened will be a great story to laugh about later! There is One thing I do get embarrassed of and that is falling when I'm by myself. It's awkward when you have no one else to laugh with!
I have a soft spot for the Kardashians, every one of them, including their boyfriends.
I should host the dress for less. I can put together any designers outfit at a bargain price!
I have been in ballet for 15 years....ya, I know, I was a big deal at Julliard. Totally joking! I never was in ballet or anything related to dance, I played basketball and golf most of my life.
I have a huge sweet tooth. Most of the time, especially before the summer when I'm trying to wiggle into a bathing suit, I chew on berry tums. Makes me feel much more healthier!
I had lasik eye surgery two years ago. One of the best things ever minus the fact that months after the procedure I would randomly try to take out my contacts in the middle of the night that I didn't have in.
- That's me on the left!
Things I love and cant live without:
My Rocco Taco. The cutest Boston Terrier with one baby blue eye and one brown. He has a lot of character. If you meet him, you will understand. He's a fearless little nut and will go up to anything and anyone for his exploration needs. Not a bone of discrimination in his body!
My family is your typical indian family, they fight hard and love hard. We are the version of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" Indian style. it's a fight to get your voice heard and you have to be sharp because we all just crack jokes about each other. Throw your ego out at the door! My mother is the most driven woman I know and my father has the kindest heart. I am so grateful for their presence in my life. As well as my older brother who might feel younger at times, but one of the most influential people in my life and his Roofus is the sweetest boxer puppy that I love to pieces!
My friends are the greatest treasures I have come across overtime. I feel like I have hit gold with the people in my life! I love the camaraderie and the fact that we want nothing, but the best for each other. I have finally come to the realization that I get to choose who is in my life and I want nothing but the best! Therefore, all of my friends are best friends, there is no need to single one person out.
Travel. I am blessed to have parents that also love to travel and we get to share seeing the world and learning about other cultures. My favorite trip to date has been my return to India. I went to India the first time when I was three years old, which I do remember going to the zoo with a banana in one hand and my favorite purse in another, but that is about all I remember. I returned two years ago. It was such a humbling experience seeing where my parent's came from and what they had to get where they are now. I am so proud of their drive and perseverance to get here.
Long distance running and Kickboxing workouts! Not the cardio kickboxing workouts, but the real deal hitting a bag workout. I say long distance because I have the longest legs, but man I can't sprint at all!
My sweats...I feel it makes me appreciate going out and getting fancy, sometimes you even surprise yourself with what you might look like!
LAUGHING! laughing might not be the cure to everything, but it sure makes things a lot more fun!
Sunny days. I feel like the sun is a big slap of happiness in my face! Best slap ever! The rain is fun when I'm asleep and don't have to deal with Rocco's wet paws.
Bright colors. They make me extremely happy and energetic!
Summer dresses. Jeans are very stuffy and when your stuff just doesn't fit right in them, then a flowy dress will hide all the extra goodies!
Wine nights and sparkly white lights. They make you feel so cozy!
Meeting new people. There are so many great things to learn about from everyone and good and bad in every single person. Embrace the good.
"Love love love, all you need is love."
Posted by Carie on January 30
Photographed by Carie
- posted by Carie
- Our great friends at FireFly Bachelor & Bachelorette Parties posted the sweetest blog about The Memory Journalists. Boy do we love them! FireFly is an AMAZING Group Event Planning company that provides bachelor & bachelorette services in the San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and Las Vegas area. They will absolutely make that last night out a night to remember...or remember through pictures!
- You can read the interview of Jennifer Starr, owner of The Memory Journalists and Dynamite Weddings, at FireFly Group Events Blog. It is a great interview!!!!
- posted by Jennifer
- Tuesday night Bella Donna Bridal Salon hosted their 2010 Preview Collection open house to showcase all their wonderful new designer gowns. I love them all! Here are a few iPhone images taken from the event. (yes, I was a dork and forgot my camera - but thanks to Shannon of Flourish Floral Designs who came prepared; I'll post some of her great photos as soon as I get them from her). In the meantime, here are a few from my phone.
This wonderful floral centerpiece was created by Shannon. You can see some of our canvases on display in the background.
- I love the butterflies that were everywhere for the event!
- And Carissa of Sugar and Spice Specialty Desserts created custom sugar cookies for the event, as well as some of her other fabulous knock your socks off desserts. I'm biased to the sugar cookies of course.
- There were many great vendors participating and the brides in attendance were treated to some fabulous giveaways by all the vendors:
The Memory Journalists was there representing the Wedding Photography catagory.
Dynamite Weddings also attended.
Taylor James Clothing Boutique owner, Taylor herself came by and had a phenominal sale going on that evening at her store.
Sugar and Spice Specialty Desserts provided all the delicious treats!
Grape Video joined the fun and caught everything on video.
and of course Bella Donna Bridal Salon was our fabulous host.
Copies of Real Wedding, Our Wedding, and Sacramento Bride and Groom magazines were there for the brides.
Village Cake Shoppe and Taylor James clothing boutique (also found in the Town and Country center) both stayed open late for this evening so that brides could wonder into their respective stores.
I ran over to Taylor James to take a peek, and I have to say that it made my entire night. Taylor is the nicest, and her mom was so cute (their two dogs too)! I didn't come out of the store empty handed...no way...I was ecstatic to find not 1 but 2 cute dresses! I have to admit, Nicole from Bella Donna, caught me whilst shopping. :-)
- posted by Jennifer
- Our World.
Our only hope.
Is in his hands.
- This is how the trailer begins for the Book of Eli. And we thought this would be a movie we would enjoy. I have to say I was disappointed. I searched for some good reviews (after seeing the movie) and was surprised to see that many were in agreement with exactly how I felt.
The Book of Eli was a fairly typical post-apocalyptic story with the usual stoic main character, Eli played by Denzel Washington, quietly slaughtering the degenerate leftovers of humanity while wandering the barren wasteland. (washburnreview)
Carnegie (Gary Oldman) takes one look at Eli and says, He is not like other men, then spends the rest of the movie trying to co-opt or kill him to prove he's just a man. Eli just wants to stay on the path, plodding ever westward to the Golden Gate Bridge. A good alternate title for this film would be Escape to Alcatraz. (csmonitor)
It really had a Mad Maxx feel to the movie. (not that I'm saying I didn't like Mad Maxx) But the trailer built the movie up to more than what was delivered in my opinion. The best thing about the movie, beside that I like Mila Kunis, is the soundtrack. It really is quite appealing if you enjoy that darker sound of Etheral or Gothic Rock (80's and 90's). The score was entirely done by Atticus Ross. I think as photographers, that Cory and I both pay more attention to how a movie is filmed, angles, lighting, etc. and having a musical background, I also listen to the sounds in combination with the film. I did like the way this movie was filmed. Just the story was a bit lacking.
My recommendation is to wait to see this one after it comes out on DVD.
- posted by Jennifer
- Cory and I went to the small theater in Capitola last week the night before Nicole's wedding. I took this with my iPhone - so it's a bit dark - well it was dark in the theater...but we had the whole place to ourselves! Too bad it wasn't a romantic chick flick that we were there to watch...I might have gotten a make-out session if it had been!