- posted by Jennifer
- Up til now, I've not shown photos yet of the invitations to Racheal and Rochan's Hindu wedding ceremony. They were wonderfully done. Shown below is just one of them by Indian Wedding Cards.
As we head into the 2nd day of festivities, we moved from Sacramento to the Bently Reserve in San Francisco for the wedding reception. The list of vendors who helped turn this evening into a success again were amazing.
- We made sure to stay the same hotel as Racheal and Rochan, at the Le Méridien in San Francisco for ease of being close to where Racheal was getting ready.
- Racheal was so excited to show me her reception Jimmy Choo shoes...and I was kiddy when I saw them. I'm still not sure how she lasted throughout the night on those high heels though with the amount of dancing she did.
- Rukhsana again gave Racheal a completely new look for the reception. I love Racheal's dimples.
- On our way over to the Bently from the hotel, we paused for a few bride and groom photographs. Rochan was a bit stressed to ensure the evening would go off without a hitch, as he was heavily involved in the lighting and entertainment components of the night. He had no reason to be worried - it was all perfect!
Both Racheal and Rochan had cocktail attire designed and made by Shyamal and Bhumika.
- The hotel lobby was pretty cool and gave us a few unique backdrops.
- The Bently at night is beautiful.
- The cocktail hour was about to start as we arrived to take a few detail shots of the cocktail area.
- Rochan came up with the theme for the cocktail hour - Mad Men. The lounge furniture and the ambient lighting was super cool.
- You can't have a cocktail hour without a few featured cocktail drinks. And Rachel and Rochan had wine labeled with their labels - a real treat for the guests.
- Before guests were allowed into the Bently main ballroom, we snuck back in and yelled at everyone to get out of the room. (yes, I mean literally I yelled) It was worth it to get a few wide shots without people in the shots. We had them turn on the evening lighting so that we could capture what it looked like.
- The bride and groom table was just amazing. Truly fit for a prince and his princess.
- De Young Flowers create some masterpieces for the center of the tables.
- Sweet Tooth Confections created some outstanding desserts.
- It was great to see some egg-free and gluten-free options for their guests. The eggless desserts at the reception were provided by Global Gourmet Catering.
- At the last second of the cocktail hour we did a few photographs of Racheal and Rochan together and with their family.
- The grand entrance came just after watching a love story video. Kelly as you can tell (by her height) had the responsibility of capturing Racheal. I had Rochan's side....and good thing I ran fast to capture this photo of his entrance. The guests stood up sooner than I anticipated and I was buried behind tall people. It stinks being short sometimes, but at least it allows me to wiggle through crowds pretty easily.
- The evening began with a Bharatnatyam performance.
- Throughout the evening, there were many speeches given in celebration to honor the newlyweds.
- Another of my favorite photos of Racheal and Rochan from the entire weekend.They look very relaxed now.
- Dinner was served by Global Gourmet Catering.
- The guests were surprised with a little game of Family Feud....to see which team of friends knew the groom or the bride better.
- And Racheal and Rochan were treated to dancers Bollywood style.
- Look closely and you will see their initials engraved on their cake cutting knife.
- I love this next series of photos. As I tell people, this is a great reason to have more than one photographer at your wedding....to get the same moment but from multiple angles.
- Their first dance - shots captured by our newest member Natalie.
- Other first dances with their parents.
- Later in the evening, Rochan and Racheal once again surprised their guests by showing off a choreographed dance. I've never seen Rochan look so at ease as on the dance floor!
- All the guests were ready for the dancing to begin. It was a party for sure!
- I'll end with this last photo to close out the entire wedding weekend for Racheal and Rochan. Thank you both for letting us be a part of your wedding day. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. And I can wait to see you both again soon for another date night.